Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 07-04-2014, 04:13 PM   #1
WarrenH

Keystone Hideout (NEW)

hi guys,,, hope everyone is good,,,,

I am seeing here that Keystone is only covering there RV`s for 1 year,,is this true...I was told by Dixie RV sale dept that they have a lifetime warranty on ever RV they sale....well I don't believe this as I am doing a lot of research on owning a travel trailer,,, I should have looked in the BBB site for them,,,after I started having problems which is not much so far, I did go to the BBB &looked for them...they have ongoing disputes on services issues ..10 in the recient months,,,only several were settled...I guess we have to pay to play,,,lol..I got this trailer 5 weeks ago & I told what I want& needed,,, I got a unit with out a elect hot water,,,after Iwas showed 3 times to do the electric side of the heater,,lol...so I put a kit in it...works fine now,,,now no one will talk to me about the lights on the awing not working,,,
A WORD TO THE WISE,,, NEVER BUY FROM DIXIE rv,,,,
WARREN
WarrenH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 09:38 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Keystone has a 1 year warranty, some manufacturers have 2 but no one has a lifetime warranty - no one!
Old 07-04-2014, 10:43 PM   #3
outwest

On Dixie's site it ways every RV comes with a warranty forever, but there's gotta be some sort of catch (E.g. warranty only covers 50% of cost of labor & parts, warranty only applies if you take it to them for all routine serving & inspecting and pay them the fees for it, or some other catch)

http://www.dixierv.com/images/slides...rvwarranty.png

2012 Keystone Vantage 32FLS
outwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2014, 03:29 AM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

There is a recent thread about this same "forever warranty". As it turned out in that thread, there is an annual inspection (and service) required. The OP and respondents in that thread indicated that the inspection could be done by any RV maintenance facility and the receipt must be shown to keep the "forever warranty" in active status. The inspection and maintenance could NOT be done by the owner of the RV. Nothing was ever said about "what maintenance was required" and whether it could also be done anywhere and the receipt shown.

I find it difficult to believe that a dealership would offer a "forever warranty" on "items that wear" without also wanting the money up front for maintaining those items. Wheel bearings, grease seals, jack motors, slide systems, rood sealing systems are some of the ones that tend to fail often and are relatively expensive to repair/replace. I can't imagine any "forever warranty" on those items unless there's a "cost/profit" scheme to pay for the repairs when they do fail.

The old adage: "If it seems too good to be true, chances are that it is too good to be true." Most probably applies here !!!

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote