Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 05-01-2013, 05:59 PM   #1
Heather

Question U Shaped Dinette Bed

We brought our new '13 Premier 19FB home today, 6 hour round trip. I absolutely love everything about it, well except one thing that I need advice about please.

At home we really explored it, and low and behold, when we arrange our cushions in the u shaped dinette in the slider...eeeeek . I see no way that they could possibly be arranged in a comfortable manner. Did some searching and gaps are mentioned here and elsewhere, but there's only a few cushions that are flat?? The three back cushions are thicker than the seat cushions and appear to be the only ones available that complete the "bed" ??? So half the bed is level and half of the bed is no where near level?

Has anyone ever modified this in any way?? Ours is rated to sleep four and I cannot picture two adults possibly sleeping like that. Our old TT had just the standard two seat dinette and its' cushions were all flat to sleep on. It slept 6-8 but now it appears we really only sleep 2 1/2
We figure if we have to we could take all the cushions off and maybe throw an air mattress down on the table/wooded benches....?

Right now the only person who will be sleeping on it is our 3 yr old little guy thank goodness, so he can still squeeze to sleep only on the flat cushioned areas for now... but still surprising!

Please help.... we appreciate it

And a family with 2 Whippets and a Cardigan Corgi who can't wait to go camping
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:20 PM   #2
MISailor

Heather,

I just googled "2014 19FBPR" to see what changes Keystone may have made since our 2013 TT was made in August and I see several differences. One is the design of the dinette seat back cushions. Do your look like this:

http://www.saffordrv.com/images/saff...81_7_large.jpg

Compare those to the pictures I posted for my dinette drawers and you will note the new back cushions are much different (and thicker). Ours are the same thickness as the seat cushions.

I also noticed that they took the window out of the bathroom. Both of these changes are mistakes IMHO, but there are other changes that look nice such as the kitchen faucet and slam latches on the pass-thru.

It amazes me how quickly the models change.
2023 Ford F150 SuperCrew 5.0L V8, 3.73 Rear Axle (Photo to be updated)
MISailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:51 PM   #3
Heather

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISailor View Post
Heather,

I just googled "2014 19FBPR" to see what changes Keystone may have made since our 2013 TT was made in August and I see several differences. One is the design of the dinette seat back cushions. Do your look like this:

http://www.saffordrv.com/images/saff...81_7_large.jpg
Yes !!! Different color, same idea...

Click image for larger version

Name:	feb 161.jpg
Views:	803
Size:	39.8 KB
ID:	2967

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISailor View Post
Compare those to the pictures I posted for my dinette drawers and you will note the new back cushions are much different (and thicker). Ours are the same thickness as the seat cushions.

I also noticed that they took the window out of the bathroom. Both of these changes are mistakes IMHO, but there are other changes that look nice such as the kitchen faucet and slam latches on the pass-thru.

It amazes me how quickly the models change.
Thank you SO MUCH for the quick reply!
That's so crazy, ours is definitely a 2013 also. Unreal your interior and exterior are so different in the same year. This gives me hope though, I wonder if I could order some early '13 maybe older cushions to use instead... should fit, but where to look?

All is not lost though... unlike the '14s apparently, we DO have a bathroom window. Excited about that! One of the things I love about this line is the plethora of windows

Click image for larger version

Name:	feb 158.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	2969

Wonder why in the world they would have removed that for '14? Or made a lumpy bed too I guess
Hubby is strongly objecting to purchasing an air matress

And a family with 2 Whippets and a Cardigan Corgi who can't wait to go camping
Heather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 06:54 PM   #4
GaryWT

We have never counted tables and couches as sleeping areas. I know that most say 2 for the table but one child is reality. Our couch is 2 different levels so I cannot imagine it is good to sleep on. Good luck the air mattress idea might work.
GaryWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:08 PM   #5
chartrand

I have the Premier 22RBPR and it has the exact same Dinette as you have, so I know first hand what your referring to. The solution I came up with is a 2" mattress topper from MatterssInsider.com. It's raw so it will keep it from sliding around and keep the cushions from sliding out onto the floor. You then put a fitted sheet over the entire thing. I ordered the "three Quarter Bunk (45" by 74").

I've not slept on it yet, but have a trip planned where I'm taking my Dad, I'll let you know how it works out. Worst case thought... I could remove all the cushions and just use the topper.

2014 Keystone Bullet Premier 22RBPR
2017 Chevy Colorado (Baby Duramax)
Propride P3 Hitch
chartrand is offline   Reply With Quote