Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 04-30-2013, 01:58 PM   #1
Kellykakes

Dishwasher hook up

Has anyone hooked up a dishwasher to the washer/dryer hook ups in their rig? Any problems or tips?

The old man and I have an arrangement...I cook, he does the dishes. Since he hates doing dishes, he went and bought himself a counter top dishwasher for our Raptor. I am hoping this doesn't create more problems than it "solves". HAHA
Kellykakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:26 PM   #2
CUFFS054

Kelly, I bought a counter top at Brandsmart for $189.00 + $35.00 refund and it's been great. I moved the W/D onto the deck at the perm site and used inside space as a closet.
CUFFS054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:28 PM   #3
curlyfungirl

I am thinking about getting a drawer type to go under the sink. I am not sure what to do with the cupboard doors though. WIll have to think of how to cut them down so they don't look too bad. An other idea would be mounting a small counter top dishwasher on top of combo washer/dryer and storing in the hall closet. Anyone have any ideas on how to mount so it wont fall off the washer/dryer?
Superlow Sportster
Heritage Softail Springer
2009-2012 VRI
curlyfungirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 10:31 AM   #4
Kellykakes

It works...sort of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellykakes View Post
Has anyone hooked up a dishwasher to the washer/dryer hook ups in their rig? Any problems or tips?

The old man and I have an arrangement...I cook, he does the dishes. Since he hates doing dishes, he went and bought himself a counter top dishwasher for our Raptor. I am hoping this doesn't create more problems than it "solves". HAHA
Seems like there is some water pressure issues. Not sure how to fix that.
Old 05-06-2013, 04:33 PM   #5
CUFFS054

Kelly, what do you mean "pressure issues"?
CUFFS054 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:23 AM   #6
Kellykakes

Dishwasher

Quote:
Originally Posted by CUFFS054 View Post
Kelly, what do you mean "pressure issues"?
I think it really had to do with the fact we were dry camping and relying on the waterpump to maintain the water pressure. We had error messages mid-cycle on the dishwasher that indicated insufficient water pressure.

Although, we have had some issues with the waterpump shutting down after being on for awhile (without using the dishwasher.) We are going to have the dealer look at it when we take it in for its first service to adjust the slide and replace the cabinet door that it ate!!!

Tags
dishwasher, dryer, raptor, washer