Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 12-20-2010, 07:17 PM   #1
jq1031

Laredo 297RL vs Jayco 298RLS

Torn between these two TT's. Ready to buy but can't make a decision. Don't like the small sink area in the Laredo bathroom, aside from that love the trailer but am unframiliar with Keystone products & service. Jayco seems to have it all! Any comments appreciated.
jq1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 09:46 PM   #2
Flyguy

I know that the Laredo uses aluminum cage construction throughout. As far as I can tell the Jayco uses wood frame and trusses unless the new ones have changed to aluminum also. I have looked at old Jayco 5vers from about the 1998 to 2003 time frame with wood construction and they still look good today. I would say go with what you feel is best for you! I'm sure Jayco has a forum dedicated to Jaycos that you might like but I'm sure that there's not a nicer bunch of members than you'll find right here. Oh and BTW you'll hear the boo birds there too and if you listen to them you'll be just as confused as you are now. JMHO
Timbrens
Flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 09:27 PM   #3
MightyMike
Permanent User Ban

If you would like to compare real world happenings, click on the "Keystone warranty issues" above,read through those posts to get a feel how Keystone responds to people who buy their product. Then google Jayco owners forum, and you can read how Jayco takes care of their customers. I don't think there is much of a comparison. Matter of fact, you can check owners forums for most any manufacturer by doing a Google search. If I had done this research first, I am pretty sure I would not own a Keystone product. Now that I do, I understand the frustration with dealing with them.
MightyMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 12:59 PM   #4
jq1031

Laredo vs Jayco

I appreciate your perspective. Checked out warranty issues with both companies and it does seem that Jayco does have more happy campers. However, the selling dealer is also a major contributer to resolving issues and making problems go away.
Purchased the Laredo 297RL TT from Lazydays RV in Florida. Have many friends who do business with them are quite happy!
Old 02-07-2011, 05:35 PM   #5
jq1031

I forgot to mention the new front GEL cap, it makes for a real nice TT look....