Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 08-16-2009, 12:22 PM   #1
bennydog

Mods to dining room uppers

Really wish I had taken a before picture. If you look at the picture you will see that the cabinet on the left is now open and has tall stuff in it. From the factory this opening was completely covered and the TV mounting bracket was centered. Interestingly enough this space behind was completely open to the cabinet on the right. You could lose small animals back there. So I took and moved the TV bracket over to the far left and blocked the opening between the left and right side using the board that I had removed. Also divided the right hand side with wire shelving to make it more useful. Now I can carry tall thing on the left side and dishes on the right. The TV works just as well mounted all the way over though I do now store in on the bottom of the big closet when we travel.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dining room uppers.jpg
Views:	452
Size:	32.0 KB
ID:	30   Click image for larger version

Name:	Upper left.jpg
Views:	373
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	31   Click image for larger version

Name:	Upper right.jpg
Views:	374
Size:	31.1 KB
ID:	32  

2010 Cougar 24RKS
2012 Dodge RAM 2500
6.7 Turbo
bennydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 12:10 AM   #2
Karen G

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennydog View Post
Really wish I had taken a before picture. If you look at the picture you will see that the cabinet on the left is now open and has tall stuff in it. From the factory this opening was completely covered and the TV mounting bracket was centered. Interestingly enough this space behind was completely open to the cabinet on the right. You could lose small animals back there. So I took and moved the TV bracket over to the far left and blocked the opening between the left and right side using the board that I had removed. Also divided the right hand side with wire shelving to make it more useful. Now I can carry tall thing on the left side and dishes on the right. The TV works just as well mounted all the way over though I do now store in on the bottom of the big closet when we travel.
Good idea putting those coated shelves in your cabinets.
Karen G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:26 PM   #3
rlevitt

Board removal

Bennydog
How hard was it to remove the board that was holding up the tv.
Did it just unscrew or did you have to cut it out?
Please let me know as I will be removing it like you did or Remove most of it and install one more cabinit door. Local dealer had the 2 doors that I wanted at a blow out price of $10.00 ea.
Also thanks for the idea to make sliding drawers under the seats, Mine turned out realy good. The drawer under the rearmost seat still has space behind it and I will be cutting a hole and installing a door. The door will be down at floor level across form the fridge to access that area for shoes etc.
Also I installed a Bi-fold stove top and gives more counter space when not cooking. (Atwood part # 54106) $98.00 Canadian $65.00 USD.
Thanks for the Ideas
Ron
Delta B.C.
rlevitt is offline   Reply With Quote