Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-03-2011, 08:05 AM   #1
Bob Landry

Outback Television Power Outlet

My new Outback 277RL has an entertainment center with the televion mounted using a detachable wall mount so it can be conneced and used outdoors. Yes, there is a bracket, power outlet, and coax connector on the outside. So far so good. I'm looking around to see where the TV plugs in and I can't fine the outlet. I havn't removed the stereo to look, but logic tells me that the power outlet for the TV is located behind the stereo, since the TV power cord goes into the wall and down. There are no other outlets in the Ent Center. So, I guess they want you to remove the stereo to unplug the TV to take it outside. Just kidding. I'll add another outlet to the Ent Center because I'm going to need to plug in the Sat receiver anyway, but you just have to sit back and ask, "What were they thinking"?

Update.. I claim dumba$$. Went out today to look again, and the 110V outlet for the TV and the jack from the sat prep are on the wall hidden behind the TV.

The only other issue I have, and I don't see a fix for it is that the range hood has no exhaust to the outside of the trailer. The window behind the countertop is too long and extends partially behind the stove. Plus, there's only about an inch of clearance between the vent hood and the wall behind the stove.The height of the window with the valance and miniblind make it impossible to install any type of vent kit. With this one, I really do have to ask what Keystone was thinking..Even it it were vented up into the microwave that's above it, the microwave is not vented either except right back into the kitchen. This one, I think, DW is just going to have to live with.
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 09:17 PM   #2
Camp

Well to add to what were they thinking, you havn't seen the FX bed they are putting in some of their models. Impossible............... But to your satellite prep comment, unless you have a seperate connection on the outside of your camper it is not setup for satellite. The signal will not go through the plate with the tv hookup. I am fighting with this now. I am trying to figure out how to get the signal into the bedroom when I take the cable off the booster plate by the main tv.
Camp is offline   Reply With Quote