Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner
Click Here to Login

Old 10-25-2013, 05:05 AM   #1
W7PSK

AM/FM Antenna Location and question on replacing the Stereo/CD player

Have a 2008 322R (rear kitchen)

Just wondering if anyone knows where the Everest Stereo antenna is located. I have issues receiving and want to check it out. I dont see any evidence of having an exterior one.

Also the Stereo needs to go, It will leave a big hole there in the fireplace though, so has anyone replaced theirs? What about the speaker hookups, looks like a specific plug.
2011 F-350 SRW Long bed Crew Cab.
W7PSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:21 AM   #2
Justvisiting2day

Antenna

I don't know about yours but on my 11' Passport it was hidden inside the radio box. What I did was remove the radio/sterio and drill a hole in the cabinet , strung to wire acrossed the shelving and it worked better.

Now am going to install a roof mounted one ONTO the TV antenna. I will run the wire down sealed up with that stuff and plug it in like a regular car antenna.
Any way good luck
Chuck
Justvisiting2day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:45 AM   #3
outwest

On our Vantage it's the same way, behind the radio. It's even still coiled up.

2012 Keystone Vantage 32FLS
outwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 03:40 PM   #4
Terry W.

Our 2012 Avalanche was the same way. Antenna wire coiled behind stereo. Tried putting a Dipol antenna,not much different. I put an external antenna on the outside wall so I did mess with the roof material. It works great.
2-11 Pound 4 Legged Furry Childern
Pickens, SC
Terry W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 12:44 PM   #5
n4qpcham

I have a Montana High Country 318RE and the antenna was rolled into a coil lying on top of the Jensen inside the cabinet. The antenna is a dipole, so I unrolled it and stuck one of the wires through the hole going into the area behind the fireplace, and just let the other wire stay behind the Jensen. Seems to work a little better. Back in the late 70's during the customized van era, installers would cut the roof rack top rail in half at the rear of the rack and insert a piece of plastic in the rail to keep it separated. This essentially turned the roof rack into a dipole antenna for the TV. They attached a 300-to-75 ohm transformer to each side of the rail at the split and ran a piece of coax inside to the TV. Worked great! With that in mind, I am going to pull the Jensen and push one of the wires of the dipole antenna through the rear window and attach it to a screw on the ladder, either where the ladder mounts to the coach, or to one of the screws that attaches a step to the ladder. The ladder should act as a large FM antenna. If it doesn't give me any better results, my plan is to purchase a mirror mount rubber FM antenna(truck stops and web sites for trucker parts have them), drill a hole through the back wall and feed the coax through the wall and zip-tie it to the ladder, mountng the antenna to the top of the ladder. A semi-permanent solution would be to use a RV thru-wall F-type covered connector and use a clamp mount on the antenna. That way you can clamp the antenna on the ladder when you need it, and take it off when you don't. I report on my test resullts and final installation, with pics, on a later post.

2004 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab LS, 6.0L,
2014 Montana High Country 318RE with Ground Control Electric Auto Leveling System
n4qpcham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 05:45 PM   #6
vantage32fls

We got ours back on 2/1 from the dealer for warranty work. Today I went out and pulled the antenna receptacle and found that the radio antenna wire was not pulled in. When I pulled the radio it was also coiled up. I thought that it was the radio last summer it wouldn't pick up hardly any local stations, what a difference there was. Just had to fish the coax to the antenna plug. Seems like a lot of this is happening.

Tom & Sue
Keystone Vantage 32fls
2019 RAM CC 8' bed SRW 4x4 6.7 HO w/Aisin
15k Curt Tru-Trac Trunnion
vantage32fls is offline   Reply With Quote