Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 06-10-2021, 07:06 AM   #21
Salty25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary R. View Post
Hello Salty,

BTW, thank you for your service, it is appreciated!
Thank you sir, and thanks for being there for us.

USN (retired)
Retired Law Enforcement
Salty25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 03:22 PM   #22
Captainf2

Salty,

I use the JT Strong arms on my last 2 5ers, if you install them correctly, following the steps for setup, with the bump after tightening, ITS ROCK SOLID, the tripod still uses the landing gear legs, so the arms are my favorite,
Captainf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 03:29 PM   #23
wiredgeorge

The Andersen safety chain kit is two eye bolts that take the place of the two big bolts that retain their receiver to your pin box. They give you two heavy chains and two chain hooks or whatever they are called. Not sure how much heavy duty eye bolts and chain costs or the hooks but you might be able to save a buck by a trip to the hardware. (I did buy the kit).
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 04:00 PM   #24
sourdough
Site Team

I bought the Andersen kit as well as the B&W goose ball kit that had the 2 loops that insert into the front 2 puck holes. I use those for the chains and the pucks keep the base of the Andersen from shifting...if it wanted to.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 05:41 PM   #25
Salty25

I picked up the kit at CW. They had it online for $79 but when I went to the local store they wanted $99. They did give it to me, and other things, at the online price. But I had to ask and show them it was cheaper online then in the store. They said they don't automatically lower the price that I had to ask and show them. Guess what I'll be doing from now on. I saved almost $200 by asking for price match on the four items I bought.

USN (retired)
Retired Law Enforcement
Old 06-10-2021, 07:20 PM   #26
jfk69

Great looking setup Salty. Enjoy it, you deserve it. Thank you for your service, now enjoy what you protected. Safe travels my friend.
jfk69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 02:31 PM   #27
81SHOVELHEAD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty25 View Post
I actually saw that in the Andersen installation manual I was given. That kit is going for $80 locally so I'll swing down and pick one up.

I didn't think about attaching to the coupler block. I was thinking the chains would go directly onto the pin box.
I just replaced our 2014 Cougar 28RLS with a 34 ft 5th wheel. Pullrite single point mount turnover ball hitch. Weighs a little more than the Anderson (60) lbs. But same concept. Dealer said safety chains not needed with the Anderson ultimate hitch or Pullrite turnover ball hitch. Wondering how many frame failures due to using the pullrite or Anderson hitch? Thousands of people using them & being a member of several RV groups forums have not read 1 post of a frame failure due to Anderson or similar hitch being used ? Wonder how many Lippert frame failures using standard 5th wheel hitch? What makes the Reese goosebox different? Could it be Lippert bought out Reese?
Inquiring minds wants to know.
And how come dealers are pushing these style hitches without mentioning frame failure warranty void?
Love my Pullrite 2600 single point mount turnover ball hitch.
81SHOVELHEAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2021, 03:56 PM   #28
Salty25

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81SHOVELHEAD View Post

Dealer said safety chains not needed with the Anderson ultimate hitch or Pullrite turnover ball hitch.

What makes the Reese goosebox different? Could it be Lippert bought out Reese?

And how come dealers are pushing these style hitches without mentioning frame failure warranty void?
Love my Pullrite 2600 single point mount turnover ball hitch.
Dealer told me the same. It's my first 5th wheel and I thought they were required. A camping friend of mine said he never had safety chains on his because they aren't required.

I wondered the same about the goosebox. I was told that Lippert does own the rights to the goosebox now. So it seems more of a way to say buy my product only.

I do think the dealer should tell you upfront about the warranty issues. That way you, the buyer, can make the decision if you want to deal with the whole thing or not.

USN (retired)
Retired Law Enforcement