Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login

Old 04-27-2021, 03:43 AM   #121
notanlines

I believe this guy feels the same way when the pedal hits the metal! All in good fun....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5095[9542].JPG
Views:	76
Size:	285.2 KB
ID:	33201  
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 05:33 AM   #122
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
I believe this guy feels the same way when the pedal hits the metal! All in good fun....

Sometimes you just have to wonder WHY. Trying to frame the trunk and add a garbage can to a little commuter car? WHY?
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 05:57 AM   #123
Bill-2020

He’s playing on the “tuners” who put big wings and coffee can exhausts on 4 bangers. So the 2x4 frame is a “wing”, and the trash can is supposed to be a loud “coffee can” aftermarket exhaust. You just can’t fix Stupid.
Bill-2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 07:11 AM   #124
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
That right there is some "Kentucky go-fasters" on a budget!
Couldn't tell for sure if that 2x4 framing is the spoiler or a wheelie bar?
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 07:15 AM   #125
JRTJH
Site Team

Yep, and his "brother with so many tickets that his insurance was cancelled"...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LOWES CARD.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	33206  

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 06:11 AM   #126
Rocketsled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-2020 View Post
Or... My XLT will always resell for more than an XL. (glass half full )

But still, this is all dependent on condition and mileage. Too much damage, and milage and a well taken care of XLT could bring more than a beat up, run down Lariat. We could argue the possibilities until the cows come home...
I’ve always figured ‘resale value’ as a selling point was spending a dollar to save a dime. Buy the vehicle you REALLY want, and drive the heck out of it…If you buy the WRONG vehicle and have to buy ANOTHER one as a result, you’ve blown the savings model entirely.
Rocketsled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 06:33 PM   #127
Bill-2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketsled View Post
I’ve always figured ‘resale value’ as a selling point was spending a dollar to save a dime. Buy the vehicle you REALLY want, and drive the heck out of it…If you buy the WRONG vehicle and have to buy ANOTHER one as a result, you’ve blown the savings model entirely.
If you sat next to me not long ago and saw what the resale value was on my last vehicle your comment may have been vastly different.
Bill-2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2021, 06:57 AM   #128
LERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by adeakins View Post
I am on the backside of a 7,000 mile tour of the southwest. I should also mention that our “home port” is mountainous Western NC. I have a 2020 crew cab long bed F350 DRW 7.3 gas.with the same rear axle you’re looking at. I’m pulling a 41.5’ Montana weighing in at between 16K lbs and 18K lbs. We've pulled “the beast” to elevations right at 9,000 feet. It’s groaned a few times, never shown any real signs of stress. The 10-speed transmission works well and does a fair imitation of engine braking as well. On an up-hill day, we will get around 6 mpg to 7 mpg. On downhill days I’ve gotten as high as 14.6 mpg ( from Ruidoso to Carlsbad). Generally, though, I get 8mpg to 11 mpg on cross-country. I rarely move along faster than 65mph … usually 60 mph where permitted. I burn regular, but watch out in the high elevations where gas labeled regular is 85 - mot 87 - octane. You will be forced to opt for midgrade to get 87 octane and your owners guide states using less than 87 could forclose your warranty. My previous truck was a 1999 7.3 diesel pulling a 13,000 fifth wheel. I got a little better mileage with it when not pulling a trailer than I do with the 2020, but about the same when pulling. Also, my current ride has a 48 gallon tank versus the 35 in the diesel. I now can do a full day if towing with fuel left in the tank. Never could before. Hope this helps.
That is the kind of information I was hoping to get. Thank you very much. It also shows that the 7.3l gas fits our needs for the size we want to own. Plus, resale on this truck will hopefully be my daughters problem after we croak!
LERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 03:43 AM   #129
kfp673

At this point I view Diesel as a "nice to have" and not a must have, similar to heated seats, etc. for MOST campers. You can certainly get to a point with a triple axel 5th wheel where it becomes a must have but not for most. I have had both and right now have a Gas Ram towing 10k lbs. Compared to my 2012 diesel Ram, the Gas truck gets me there just the same and pulls very well. Diesel could hold it's speed a bit better pulling up hills and did less down shifting on interstates. That's it. So I love the way diesel tow's but for me this time it became a $10-12k nice to have that I could not justify with the already insane price increases trucks have seen over the past 10-20 years. Also keep in mind that todays gas trucks make far more HP and equal torque to diesel trucks from 15 years ago. Again, I am not anti-diesel. I actually love diesel, but want to strongly state that you should not be scared of a gas truck. You may want to look at your gearing more (I went 4:10) but I've towed nearly 20k miles in 3 years with gas and never a regret. Either way enjoy your new truck (assuming you can find one )
kfp673 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2021, 04:31 AM   #130
LERD

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfp673 View Post
At this point I view Diesel as a "nice to have" and not a must have, similar to heated seats, etc. for MOST campers. You can certainly get to a point with a triple axel 5th wheel where it becomes a must have but not for most. I have had both and right now have a Gas Ram towing 10k lbs. Compared to my 2012 diesel Ram, the Gas truck gets me there just the same and pulls very well. Diesel could hold it's speed a bit better pulling up hills and did less down shifting on interstates. That's it. So I love the way diesel tow's but for me this time it became a $10-12k nice to have that I could not justify with the already insane price increases trucks have seen over the past 10-20 years. Also keep in mind that todays gas trucks make far more HP and equal torque to diesel trucks from 15 years ago. Again, I am not anti-diesel. I actually love diesel, but want to strongly state that you should not be scared of a gas truck. You may want to look at your gearing more (I went 4:10) but I've towed nearly 20k miles in 3 years with gas and never a regret. Either way enjoy your new truck (assuming you can find one )
That's the way I feel too, nice but not necessary.
I know I'll probably have to order my truck. It was very hard to find a 7.3 with the 4:30 gears on any dealer lot before the shortage. Besides, that let's me put options like the camper package and A/T tires, 5th wheel prep, spray-in bed liner and other goodies for towing. And leave out the sunroof and other creature comforts which for me would be unused. Although the DW does want heated seats!
LERD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas