Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 11-21-2020, 12:33 PM   #1
mgreene

Main drain question

I started looking at how to winterize our 2021 Springdale today and found I do not have main drain points under this trailer ( not that I can find anyway). I have a master drain for the fresh water tank but nothing else. I do have what appears to be 2 access panels on the bottom, but they don’t access anything! Just 2 16”x16” panels bolted to a solid panel. Any ideas?? Thanks
mgreene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 12:44 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

There has to be low point drains somewhere. Have you looked on the outside of the frame tucked up close to the floor?

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 01:28 PM   #3
mgreene

I have crawled from one end to the other. There may be drains, but they were left under the insulation panel and not run below. I hate to start cutting holes under these inspection panels because they are really under the center,,,not really under the sink and hot water heater like I think they should be. No extra plumbing at pump, just line up from fresh water tank and line from pump to power water system, with city water tee’ed in.
Old 11-21-2020, 02:26 PM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

Looking at your floorplan, I'd suspect the low point drains are on the curb side, just aft of the rear wheel/axle. That would put them in line with the exterior shower and directly under the bathroom. I'd guess they are outside the frame rail, either "in the roof of the wheel well or just aft of it.

Look for a "glob of spray foam" in that area. You may need to trim some of the foam away to expose the PEX tubes. They probably will have "screw-on caps" rather than "turn handle valves", so they'll be "small and compact, well hidden by a 3 inch "foam glob"...

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 02:59 PM   #5
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
Looking at your floorplan, I'd suspect the low point drains are on the curb side, just aft of the rear wheel/axle. That would put them in line with the exterior shower and directly under the bathroom. I'd guess they are outside the frame rail, either "in the roof of the wheel well or just aft of it.

Look for a "glob of spray foam" in that area. You may need to trim some of the foam away to expose the PEX tubes. They probably will have "screw-on caps" rather than "turn handle valves", so they'll be "small and compact, well hidden by a 3 inch "foam glob"...

Aft is a nautical term I think. I can't remember if it is right or left. Geesh.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 03:14 PM   #6
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
Aft is a nautical term I think. I can't remember if it is right or left. Geesh.
Fore-forward
Aft - behind
Port-left
Starboard- right

Now you know as much as me

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 06:57 PM   #7
mgreene

I was thinking that meant just behind the axle. There is a few globs of the spray foam where the propane goes up in front of the axle, both spots inside the frame rail. I assumed that is heater, range and fridge but haven’t dug in it looking for the drains but they are definitely not visible just looking there. I may dig into those a little and contact the dealer Monday before tearing out the wrong spot. I thought that all new campers would definitely have these but wasn’t 100% sure!
Old 11-21-2020, 07:04 PM   #8
QCMan
Gone Traveling

And starboard tack has the right of way. Just in case there are any who race sailboats out there. Just saying.
QCMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 08:58 PM   #9
mgreene

UPDATE !!
John, you were spot on! It was a blob not visible looking under the belly of the camper. It is actually outside of the frame ( exactly like suggested), in the fender well. Thanks for all the help!!
Old 11-21-2020, 09:02 PM   #10
mgreene

It bothered me so much that I may have missed it, I got in from our FD Turkey Shoot tonight about 11:30 and had to go crawling back under it to look again! Just glad they are there,,although I’ll have to pull a little insulation to take the caps off. I’ll take this any time over the options I thought I had!!
Old 11-22-2020, 03:58 AM   #11
cavie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgreene View Post
I started looking at how to winterize our 2021 Springdale today and found I do not have main drain points under this trailer ( not that I can find anyway). I have a master drain for the fresh water tank but nothing else. I do have what appears to be 2 access panels on the bottom, but they don’t access anything! Just 2 16”x16” panels bolted to a solid panel. Any ideas?? Thanks
What you are looking for are LOW POINT DRAINS. not main drain points. Let's not confuse things any more than they already are. Yes, you will have two low point drains. Either 2 white or 1 red and 1 blue. Both will have a valve attached either under the RV or in a wet bay, under a bed, or under a drawer. The line will be sticking out underneath the RV. They may be located outside the frame up at floor level as mine are. Hand and knees and on your back are required here.
Old 11-22-2020, 06:06 AM   #12
notanlines

As a small point to relatively new members, it helps to read through a thread rather than just read post number one and then come up with an answer. There many things to be gleaned from most threads.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 06:37 AM   #13
skids

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgreene View Post
It bothered me so much that I may have missed it, I got in from our FD Turkey Shoot tonight about 11:30 and had to go crawling back under it to look again! Just glad they are there,,although I’ll have to pull a little insulation to take the caps off. I’ll take this any time over the options I thought I had!!
It might be beneficial for you to extend those hoses and put valves on them instead of caps.
Old 11-22-2020, 10:59 AM   #14
mgreene

After removing a little of the insulation spray, I was able to get the caps off. I would also consider these “low point drains” as main drains because other than the drain on the fresh water tank or drains on my black and grey tank, these are the only drains that come out under our camper,,,, this time I can be sure!!! Thanks again for the help guys!
Old 12-03-2020, 09:45 AM   #15
pstltaz

I have a Sringdale 311re.
The red and blue lines on my trailer are located under shower side of trailer right beside the frame rail. Between the grey/black tanks vales and the tire. Get on your back on the ground for a good view.

Good luck
Bob
pstltaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 10:27 AM   #16
jimborokz

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
As a small point to relatively new members, it helps to read through a thread rather than just read post number one and then come up with an answer. There many things to be gleaned from most threads.
Yes, X2.

I have often wanted to respond early on in a thread only to read through it first and find my answer already there. Saves the embarrassment of offering a solutions after the OP has already solved the problem.
2017 F-350, psd,4x4, lariat, c-c, swb, srw
jimborokz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 09:29 PM   #17
mgreene

And even though my problem had already been solved, someone could give some thoughtful insight that may help someone else along their journey. So I completely understand both sides of the comments. Once again, thanks to all!!

Tags
drain