Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 10-22-2020, 08:57 AM   #21
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribtip View Post
Just remember not sure if all units are like this but when washing the grey tank has to be open. On ours the washing mach puts out water to fast and the tank will not take it fast enough unless the grey is open. It back flows. Found this out the hard way.
We could run our Splendid unit with the tank closed without issue. You could possibly have a tank vent problem.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 08:59 AM   #22
Northern Lights

We fulltime & put a small stand up 3.5 cubic foot freezer in the washer dryer area so we can stock up on steaks & other favorite meats at sale prices.
Northern Lights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 10:04 AM   #23
Ribtip

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
We could run our Splendid unit with the tank closed without issue. You could possibly have a tank vent problem.
Yea i need to look more into this next year. We were new to us camper happy and the dw just wanted to see how it worked and bam. Im just glad i was in the bedroom checking out the tv and stuff when it happened. Funny thing is she walked in and said whet did you do.
Ribtip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 04:16 PM   #24
Goliath-goes

Pro is convenience and you know they are clean inside. Only cons is they are slightly smaller but still take fair size load and secondly our washer will not work off generator ( Onan 5500). Washer will only function properly when shore power is hooked up (50amp). Both are splendid brand and work wonderfully for us
Old 10-22-2020, 04:48 PM   #25
LewisB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goliath-goes View Post
Pro is convenience and you know they are clean inside. Only cons is they are slightly smaller but still take fair size load and secondly our washer will not work off generator ( Onan 5500). Washer will only function properly when shore power is hooked up (50amp). Both are splendid brand and work wonderfully for us
Seems odd - so your washer is pulling more than 45 amps? Sounds more like a wiring issue rather than generator vs. shore power. Can you elaborate on this a bit? Thanks!
2019 Can Am Maverick Sport XRC - the "Blue Goose"

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjc...yZ_w7jyofaPLVQ
LewisB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 04:49 PM   #26
BeagleMan

Quote:
Just remember not sure if all units are like this but when washing the grey tank has to be open. On ours the washing mach puts out water to fast and the tank will not take it fast enough unless the grey is open. It back flows. Found this out the hard way.
Well, thats good to know! No one has ever mentioned that aspect! I will certainly remember that.
Roll Tide Roll
BeagleMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 05:37 PM   #27
Ribtip

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeagleMan View Post
Well, thats good to know! No one has ever mentioned that aspect! I will certainly remember that.
Yea im not sure why or whats up with that. Some on here said to keep the gray tank open
Old 10-22-2020, 05:41 PM   #28
Ribtip

I have an lg true spin. It works great but when it drains that sucker drains fast and hard.
Old 10-22-2020, 06:07 PM   #29
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeagleMan View Post

We do not have a backflow issue if the drain is closed. We did however decide to leave it open after one use. We know our usage, timelines etc. for dumping tanks. We keep them on the same timeline vs running out to dump (rain, wind, snow etc.) whenever one might get full.

On wash day the gray tank valve is open and we do our weekly wash - no muss, no fuss then close. The rest of the time is normal then I dump on "dump" day. To leave the drain closed would totally put "drain day" into a "what is it, where are we" kind of mode most of the time. Much easier ways to handle it.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 06:22 PM   #30
Ribtip

Maybe i can put a valve on the output. When this thing drains its like a pressure washer. Is the gray tank vented like the black tank up top.
Old 10-22-2020, 07:13 PM   #31
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Maybe i can put a valve on the output. When this thing drains its like a pressure washer. Is the gray tank vented like the black tank up top.
I wouldn't restrict the discharge hose as doubt the hose or fittings are designed to operate under pressure. The gray water tank should have a vent thru the roof top.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 08:07 PM   #32
BeagleMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
We do not have a backflow issue if the drain is closed. We did however decide to leave it open after one use. We know our usage, timelines etc. for dumping tanks. We keep them on the same timeline vs running out to dump (rain, wind, snow etc.) whenever one might get full.

On wash day the gray tank valve is open and we do our weekly wash - no muss, no fuss then close. The rest of the time is normal then I dump on "dump" day. To leave the drain closed would totally put "drain day" into a "what is it, where are we" kind of mode most of the time. Much easier ways to handle it.
Most likely we will be following this advice. Just to be on the safe side.
Roll Tide Roll
Old 10-22-2020, 08:09 PM   #33
BeagleMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Lights View Post
We fulltime & put a small stand up 3.5 cubic foot freezer in the washer dryer area so we can stock up on steaks & other favorite meats at sale prices.
Now, THAT'S a great idea! DW liked that one too. We will look into this. As we will be stationary for a few months.
Roll Tide Roll