View Single Post
Old 08-19-2013, 08:02 PM   #8
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozarkcamper View Post
I certainly don't remember anyone in the dealership mentioning anything about the decals beng inferior. I mean the simple engineering that the OEM did for them was amatureistic at most. And, why would a company that supposedly builds a good RV want to put the cheapest decal they could find on it? If it is obvious that the OEM sold a bad product then they should back it up no matter what the time frame.
Ozarkcamper,

It ain't a perfect world and Keystone, like any company has to remain competetive with their competetion and still make a profit. There are many components that they buy from the lowest bidder so they can remain in business. Ask yourself this: "Would I pay another $50,000 to have an RV with a 10 year warranty and with components made by the "best manufacturer?"

If you, like most of us, prefer to keep our money in our own pocket and buy a "reasonable quality" RV for a "reasonable price" then accepting the fact that Keystone has to "cheapen the price" somewhere is a part of that reality.

And, as a former Airstream owner, I can assure you that the 2 year warranty on Airstreams ends at the day of purchase two years out. They are tougher to deal with than Keystone when it comes to "helping a customer" after the warranty expires.... And, they are "supposed to be the gold standard" for the RV industry.

Oh, just for the record, the FX4 decals on my 2010 F150 were cracked... I noticed the cracks about my 37th month of ownership. The service manager at Ford kindly told me that my warranty had expired and if I wanted, they would be happy to order new decals and install them at the standard shop rate if I wanted. It ain't just Keystone that doesn't extend "lifetime replacements" to unhappy customers.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote