Thread: Hello from PA
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2015, 07:08 PM   #7
Hideout17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchafferFamily View Post
Welcome!

We are from Green Lane PA (SouthEast PA) and will be hauling down to Florida with the kids the week before Thanksgiving, then traveling home Thanksgiving week by way of SC and Williamsburg VA.

Those Tundra trucks are really nice. We have an 04 Chevy Silverado that tows our Passport pretty well so far.

There are steps that fold out at the entry to the camper. With our young daughters, I have a wood platform that we made as well about 18" x 30" that we can put on the ground to make that first step shorter and have a more stable start. My mother in law who had her knees replaced in March was able to get in our camper without to much trouble. Your camper may also have a handle by the door that is affixed to the camper side, or you can add a larger handle to make entry easier. The larger one can fold against the side of the camper when not in use.

What part of PA are you from?

Thanks for the advice. I may try to make a step setup, I have to watch the weight the as I had back surgery last December and still not a 100%. From cooperstown. Inbetween Pittsburgh and Erie.
Hideout17 is offline   Reply With Quote