View Single Post
Old 11-09-2014, 03:20 PM   #4
sourdough
Site Team

My personal choice would be the Air Lift 1000 air bags. I've never used the Timbrens but based on their design I don't think they will do what you need them to do in your application.

Timbrens mount between the body and the axle and help support weight when you put it in/on the vehicle. The Air Lifts do the same BUT they also expand inside your coil springs and get very stiff. This makes a big difference in the sway you will encounter, not just sag - and coils are more susceptible to sway than leafs in my experience. I don't believe the Timbren will do that and sway will be THE thing you want to eliminate.

Your Equal I Zer wd hitch will eliminate all but a small amount of sag which is normal, and what the installation instructions say you should have. The air bags, when inflated, then help with any bounce and most importantly, sway.

Air Lift 1000's cost about $100 if I recall and about 2 hrs of installation. Getting them inside the coils is the most difficult part - the bags being warm and not ice cold helps a lot. My thoughts after having done this with a Ram 1500.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote