View Single Post
Old 05-28-2023, 07:07 AM   #11
Matty Rich

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrated View Post
Maybe you can, on your trailer.....mine, not so much. Three A/C units, a microwave, an 1500W electric fireplace, electric water heater, the Charger/Converter....it just ain't happening.

And, I'm NOT suggesting that the OP get a 12Kw generator for his trailer. My statement is just a correction of some wrong information that the Honda 7000 is just like being plugged into shore power, which is simply NOT true.
Maybe I misunderstood what the OP is trying to do here. But sounds like they need an option for Dry Camping. I spend 90% of my time dry camping. I run the Onan on board most of the time and have no problems what’s so ever.

Running 3 ACs and an electric fireplace at the same time seems a little counter productive? If the rig has 3 AC then it should have a power management system to handle all of that. I can run my 2 AC’s and the microwave all together no problem, I also run propane for my fridge and water heater.

Again maybe I missed something here but I’m assuming the whole idea behind this is for dry camping, and you learn your limits of that pretty quick once you’re out there.