View Single Post
Old 01-25-2023, 11:00 AM   #9
colby

Thanks so much everyone, all good points, and great to know the experience you had with the trailer. I know that any trailer can have issues, especially when water gets in. This one is for a couple with a couple of small dogs and no kids, moving up from a pop-up. (I'm helping out the kids). The reason this model was chosen was the large windows in the back and the ability to drop it down as a big dog bed. No slides keep things simple.

It is from a dealer; however, they have limited options for pre-delivery checks - As is, Basic and Platinum. The first one is self-explanatory, Basic covers off LP pressure test, a light check and cleaning the unit. Platinum includes those items as well as a water test, battery test, propane tanks, visual brake inspection, breakaway test, appliance check, tire pressure check, a starter kit and a demo. Basic is $900 and Platinum is $1400. And this is a charge post-sale, if anything is wrong, it will cost more to fix it.

We are looking at a different tack given the limitations there. I have owned trailers for years, and done a lot of the maintenance myself during that time. I have a detailed PDI checklist (about 11 pages) that the dealer has agreed that I can walk through before any agreement is reached. They are pulling the trailer inside and I am going to spend a few hours running through the checklist, getting up on the roof and under the trailer and digging through things looking for soft spots, visible signs of water damage, 12 and 120v system tests, fit and finish (doors closing and latching properly, etc.). If all of that works out, then it's technically an as-is and we will get them to do LP gas test and inspect the brakes and bearings.

Does that sound reasonable, or am I hoping for too much?
colby is offline   Reply With Quote