View Single Post
Old 01-23-2023, 07:49 AM   #6
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by NH_Bulldog View Post
George, I think that Green Bay may the only field that has an imbedded turf “warming” system. Even then, it is only designed to keep the ground from freezing solid and causing injuries as players fall.

In Buffalo, what you don’t see on TV is the army of caretakers on the sidelines with squeegee-like tools that run out after every few plays and clear the snow off the lines on the field.

It’s sort of like the sign boards behind home plate at a MLB baseball game. In person, they are often a plain green panel but on TV you see an ad for something projected there. It’s all smoke and mirrors.

I have lived in New England my entire life and while I have learned to tolerate the snow (we don’t get nearly the amount of snow that Buffalo does), especially since we are so close to the ocean, as I get older I find myself spending more and more time in warmer climates like Arizona or the Bahamas…
I did my training after basic at Ft. Devans. Was there 4-5 months as I recall (very early 70s). We lived in an apartment in Fitchburg; that is the missus, our #1 kiddo and myself. When leaving before going overseas we packed up a small U-Haul trailer and hitched it to my Dodge Demon and headed west out of Massachusetts into a huge snow storm. I had no snow tires and little money. We stayed at a motel in western Mass. for a couple days and they took my gas credit card as collateral and I paid them back when the Army decided to pay me. That place was wonderful and it might have been because I was with a scared young girl (missus), a tiny baby (she was born in FT. Devans hospital) and a stupid kid in a military uniform. What a sight we must have been... in any case, we survived but today snow is not my friend.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote