View Single Post
Old 01-15-2023, 05:51 PM   #16
peanut

Sourdough made a point of questioning my use of the term "virtually all" in my first post. I tried to explain - obviously not to anyone's pleasure (anyone that responded) - how and why I used that expression. People don't like dictionary definitions? So be it. You don't like my reasoning? I don't care.

He continued with comments about how most don't see the spam posts/attempts that are prevented by the mods. I provided info about my experience with websites and forums to show that I do understand the issues - - in vain, apparently - and why my experience brought me to my conclusion and comment. He, at least, disregards it condescendingly, "I have no idea what you did or didn't do . . . . (and I don't care) . . . . as though any experience I may have is irrelevant to any questions regarding the administration or moderation of a forum. I guess, to his mind, mod'ing a forum for over seven years means nothing if that experience leads me to a different analysis. I don't care.

Those comments above are my explanation of my original post the response to Sourdough's. People don't like my reasoning? Tough. People disagree with me? Tough. People think I try to "put words" in their mouth? Perhaps I was being too literal. But - words have meaning. Some people actually use dictionary definitions to understand what they read. Be careful how you phrase things.

Sourdough conveniently forgot the last paragraph of my original post when he attacked my thoughts and reasoning. It was "All that being said - - reminders are a good thing. Thanks." Perhaps I should have been more adulatory.

As I stated at the beginning - you don't like my reasoning? I don't care.
You belittle my experience (that is pertinent to the discussion at hand)? So be it.
You think my comments are "still inaccurate"? You are wrong. (but you are entitled to your own opinion)
I am not trying to "ruffle" feathers.
My reasoning and opinions are just as valid as anyone else's. I stick by them. And I am not going away. But this will be my last post in this thread. Don't like me? Suck it up and deal with it.