View Single Post
Old 12-04-2022, 01:57 PM   #24
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by VitoJCongineJr View Post
The deciding factor(s) in my humble opinion are safety and cost. I do not trust LP in my Rig, especially while sleeping, or our dogs in the rig alone, while were away sightseeing, or going out for a meal without them. I removed the LP fridge as well. There is just something about a fireplace still running while I'm not in attendance that scares the bajebees out of me. We prefer to use ceramic oscillating heaters. We have traveled in the early winter and have found they are very efficient, even too efficient, having to turn them down.
Now that I have given you my take on the safety issue here is my take on the costs. If you are staying at a RV park short term (not a full time resident) it is likely you will be paying for your spot that will include your water/waste/electric. So with that in mind why would you want to pay for extra LP cost to run your on board heater. You will need the LP Gas for hot water. Instant hot water heaters are absolutely awesome by the way.
So in conclusion there is my take. On a side note if you're boondocking run run your generator, (hopefully you have one) you will need to in for basic luxeries any way. Tons of scenarios that can be debated, but we hope this was helpful.

if your worried about safety then you should really have a dedicated 20 amp outlet for your space heater…12-2 romex connected to the outlet with screw terminals …i would use a single outlet so your not tempted to plug other things into it at the same time….you would be surprised at how flimsy the receptacle is that your plugging your heater into for the sake of safety over propane.