View Single Post
Old 05-19-2019, 08:19 AM   #14
apachewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhaven View Post
Not to hijack the thread, but I've always wondered WHY RVs don't offer a momentary valve that allows you to fill the holding tank from the shore feed, instead of having to move the hose every time. It is a convenience I've wished for for years. Sure, there's a risk if the valve breaks in the open position, but it's no different from the risk you get with any sink, shower, or toilet (actually much less, as the overflow comes out the outdoor fitting instead of all over your floors).
My 2015 Keystone Laredo 240MK HAS that feature. It is a valve you just turn a 1/4 turn and the water flows into the tank. However I too have had and still have the same problem with water filling the tank when on city water. It is presently in the shop for that same problem. I think it is a malfunctioning check valve that causes water to flow where it is not needed. We'll see. But the filler valve is available, it runs about $ 90.00 plus install. It is called: JR Products DVF-1-A Fresh Water Fill Diverter Valve.

Happy camping.
apachewolf is offline   Reply With Quote