Thread: Pantry shelving
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2014, 06:36 AM   #6
monica4patience

Smile

I've been using the Itso bins from Target. They're about $5 each, so not cheap. However, they are sturdy and durable. I organize by use: condiments; meat; fruit; soup; lunch; beverage; etc.

In our former trailer (2010 Keystone Outback 312BHS) they fit in the narrow pantry next to the fridge; one in back, one in front, and room along the side for other cans. Easy to slide one out to get the back bin.

In the new trailer (2014 Keystone Passport 3290 BH) they fit 3 across this wider pantry, with other cans behind. I use a Sterilite bins with clips to store packaged goods (bread, grains, snacks, etc.) I like to keep the tempation away from critters.

I had purchased InterDesign fridge binz (Bed, Bath & Beyond) for using in our tiny pop-up fridge which was low on the floor. It was easy to pull out the "drawers" and get what you needed. Now we use them as "drawers" in the cabinets above the couch.

Look for versatility in your storage bins. Buy lots of the same kind. Buy only clear and white (or your neutral color). You can then use the bins anywhere, any trailer, any home. I have bins that are 30 years old and still usefull. Well worth the money I spent on them.

2014 Keystone Passport 3290 BH (6/14 - present)
2010 Keystone Outback Sydney 310 BHS (7/12 - 6/14)

TV: none; seasonal w/ on-site winter storage
monica4patience is offline   Reply With Quote