View Single Post
Old 12-09-2019, 03:13 PM   #1
Jeremy888

Black tank problem

I have mentioned before that the previous owner apparently left a huge mountain of poop in this 2016 3950 BR Montana 5er. For 3 years now I have been working on getting it gone ,hopefully also to get my black tank monitors to work ..They always show full. I recently purchased a new product that has been eroding that mountain down .It is pictured in the photos. Note that I am still getting old toilet paper out of the tank after putting none in for 3 years so I know this product is effectively helping .

I have several questions about the construction of the drain system .This 5er has 3 tanks ,1 black 2 gray. Looking at the photos shown you can where the black and 1 gray tank come out of the tank or tank peremiter ( there is an I beam from the front of the rig behind which apparently hide the tanks and actual valves ) A 3" ABS comes aft into the 3 "ABS pipe running to the left side that connects to the discharge hose . The after end of the I beam can be seen in that same photo . In another photo you can see where the forward 2" kitchen ABS line joins the same 3" line to the hose. Also note the 2 valves for the fwd tanks are minimum of 5 feet from the same 3" discharge ABS. I have determined the forward gray tank is forward of the black tank by previous tests and the vents. Note that the forward gray tank valve us aft of the Black tank valve. Obviously the valve system is also inside this I-Beam or tank peremiter ? Today I noted several things that I found odd that leads me to ask how the system is constructed. What I was doing was filling the tank with the flush water for about 2 minutes , I have determined I can fill the 49 gallon black tank in about 3 minutes . So it is about 2/3 full in 2 minutes . What I observed to day was that after filling about 2 minutes and then opening the valve it took 75 to 85 seconds before a solid pipe full of water was observed exiting the pipe. It came out before 75-85 secs at an increasing rate til it finally filled the tube. Then a plug of poop and paper or 2 would exit and then it would start burping with air pockets and slow down to the flush water rate . Why does it take so long ? If I fill it for almost 3 minutes ,as soon as I pull the valve it comes out solid . It seems to me that if it comes out solid 80 seconds after it starts that the mouth of the valve or the tank end of the drain pipe has to be below the level of the water and the slow rate prior to full flow is due to the plugs from poop mountain .I was amazed at how many toilet paper plugs came out in the 2 hours I filled and flushed.

Questions:
Can anyone tell me why it takes so long at 2/3 full ?
Any one have a construction diagram of this,sysyem or can describe it.

If I understand how it is constructed it may help me solve the problem .

Anyone observed similar symptoms?

All input gladly accepted m
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20191209_133401.jpg
Views:	210
Size:	205.3 KB
ID:	24556   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20191209-135737.png
Views:	201
Size:	853.2 KB
ID:	24557   Click image for larger version