View Single Post
Old 04-09-2012, 05:21 PM   #3
Tim&Patty

Day Night shades, up or down while parked?

Camp I Am,
Last season we purchased a roll of silver foil insulation (with bubbles for me to pop when I'm bored) for the large back window and the bedroom windows on the slide. The foil on the windows next to the bed and a large window on the other side of the bed is held in place with velcro squares (tho we don't remove them). The rear window which faces west when stored always had issues raising the night shades, we had to stop and re fold about every 6" while raising. This spring the shade raised to the max without one re-fold, I was sure the shade was going to take another storage season, tinted or not that's a lot of heat and uv on a low end shade. We (RHDW) roll it up and store it behind the sofa when not in use. It was $20 for a 20'X4' roll. She'll cut more for the livingroom windows on our first outting, ya never know what site, or angles of the sun & when it gets above 90 around here we'll use them durning the day.

Works for us, cool campint

Tim & Patty (RHDW Red Head Dear Wife)
Riley (Monster Yorkie)

2011 High Country 291RLS, SteadyFast, XM Radio, Awning Sun Shade.

2011 Ford F-150 Platinum, 6.2L, Max Tow Package
Voliant Ram Air, MagnaFlow Cat-Back, Hypertech Chip, On Board Lift Bags, Anzo Projector Headlights & LED Tailights, Pace Rolling Padded Hard Cover.
Reese 16K Slider
Tim&Patty is offline   Reply With Quote