View Single Post
Old 05-27-2023, 08:38 AM   #5
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by RKDowner View Post
Hello! I'm new to the forum, but we've had our (used) 2014 Hideout 23RKS WE for about 5 years now. It's reaching the age where things are needing work, so I'm hoping I can get some advice. We bought the trailer first, then found a 2008 Lincoln Navigator to haul it. The Lincoln's a sweet ride for what's essentially an F-150.
Welcome!
Not sure what advice you're looking for?
But I'll advise this, a Lincoln Navigator is essentially not a F150.
They may have some of the same pieces & parts, but the 150 will have more payload, most likely better gearing & better suspension for towing.
The Navigator was designed as a pleasant riding people moving grocery getter for soccer Mom's & is great for that design, but not for towing long heavy loads.
It might be good for a snowmobile/ATV trailer or small boat, but a 6500lb 30' long rv, not so much.
Will it pull it? Of course! Should it pull it? Probably not. Is it within the weight limits of the Navigator? Probably not! Post a picture of all the tags on the drivers door jamb & let's check it out.
If you're considering a trade for another rv you probably need to get a much more suitable tow 1st then match the rv to the tow vehicle using the correct numbers to calculate with.
Not trying to rain on your parade, just wanting you & yours to travel safely!
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote