View Single Post
Old 05-27-2023, 07:07 AM   #24
Jonahex2099

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonaldoTocino View Post
I congratulate you on your 240 posts. The idea that a lot of posts correlate with the information that folks are looking for is silly. Just pointing out if you have to excuse yourself for not having any experience in the first statement then it's ok to not post at all. Maybe it discourages people from asking or sharing useful things they know?
So, instead of just ignoring the "irrelevant" posts you felt the need to create an account and play post cop? If you were looking for info on Starlink Roam you could have simply ignored the posts you felt weren't relevant. The energy you wasted setting up an account simply to derail a thread could have been much less had you just scrolled along. Seems equally if not more silly to me....But hey, you do you...

At any rate...to get the thread *back* on track - *FROM EXPERIENCE* (for those in the cheap seats)...

We've been parked in a de-prioritized area for a few days now, and based on trees in the park, I ended up having to use the flagpole mount for under the hitch block I bought. Pretty stable with acceptable sway. Consistent speeds from 95 to 190 down depending on time of day - I spent most of yesterday working and on Webex calls - not a hitch, no VPN drops. I tend to go to bed late so the last few nights I've streamed from various services on my Apple TV and zero glitches, hiccups in any hi def stream. Range is great off of the Starlink router.

Next up is modifying the cable so I don't have to route it through the outdoor kitchen door into the rig. Our Passport has an outdoor storage compartment in the side of the slide that is center mass, which conveniently has the entertainment cabinet on the inside wall. I'll document that process and do a separate post for it.

Completely worth the expense for someone who has been wanting the ability to work from anywhere.

Jonahex2099 is offline   Reply With Quote