View Single Post
Old 05-25-2023, 05:28 PM   #10
Canonman

I've posted more than once about our "bone simple" solar set up. This is about as inexpensive and easy as you can get.
We have a Zamp 200w portable solar kit. No mounting, drilling cutting holes, nothing. Just open the case, extend the legs. plug it into the port on the side of the trailer and start charging. The batteries are GC2 6 volt golf cart batteries. The only 110v appliance we use dry camping is the TV to watch movies at night. We bought a 750 watt inverter and mounted it on a shelf in the entertainment center near the TV and simply plug the TV into the face of the inverter. There also multiple USB ports on the inverter for charging the phones tablet and laptop. I ran #10 wiring from the inverter to the batteries through the cargo area. Holes were already there when Keystone wired the entertainment center. Whole outfit was under $500 since we found the Zamp kit used for $200. Batteries$110 each. Inverter was $35 at Walmart.
Haven't used the generator in 4 seasons now. Still carry it, but it has stayed in the truck.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_MGL6263.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	431.5 KB
ID:	44028  
I think the little voices in my head have started a chat group.
Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote