View Single Post
Old 05-24-2023, 04:55 AM   #16
Kirk's Keystone Outback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandito View Post
Thanks again, everyone!

I am definitely leaning towards adding them, but I don’t think I want to install them myself. I am very handy and can do most anything, but on a brand new expensive trailer I’m not sure that I want to mess with it too much.

The Cougar says it comes prepared for the toppers, but I really don’t know what that entails. I will be inquiring about that and a few other things at the dealer when we take delivery tomorrow.

Now, for another question. It appears that there are two main types of awning fabric: Vinyl and Acrylic. Does anyone know if one is significantly better than the other?

Finally, I noticed that some toppers actually live in a mostly enclosed tube and pull out from there where others simply roll the fabric up and leave it exposed. To me, the enclosed awnings seem like they would just get a lot of debris rolled into the enclosure so wouldn’t work as well as the ones that just roll up. At least when these are rolled up, the debris has a much better chance of falling off. And, of course, the fully enclosed awnings are quite a bit more money. Are there any more thoughts on these two options?
If you're handy with basic tools and hung a picture on the wall, you should be able to install these. Smaller ones could be done with one person altogether, but 8-12' toppers, you'll need a second person to install the actual topper tube. All the brackets are done with one person, primarily.
Kirk's Keystone Outback. is offline   Reply With Quote