View Single Post
Old 05-22-2023, 08:17 AM   #5
sourdough
Site Team

^^^^What they said. A big part of it depends on where you camp. The more debris you get on the slide tops the more they are worth the cost. If you park in the desert all the time they don't do much good.

I spent 3 winters under a pine tree that covered my slide tops. I carried a ladder, blower, brush etc. and had to clean them off every few weeks and they still were a mess requiring a good cleanup when I got back. Put them on this one then we chose a different site; not pine tree directly over us and nothing on the slide tops. They whap in the wind, hold water and stretch and eliminate the ability to treat the top slide seal. They possibly keep the slide top cooler but since they are already white I doubt they do much good and we can't really tell any difference inside. They do keep random debris off so that's a plus.

In the end by a tiny margin I would keep them but it's close....they cost quite a bit to have installed. I don't have to climb that ladder, swing that blower, push the broom or scrub the roof like I used to so....
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote