View Single Post
Old 05-14-2023, 05:23 PM   #8
JRTJH
Site Team

Those "specifications are HIGHLY SUSPECT" !!!!!

First, Any "relatively new" Ford Superduty diesel will have a curb weight of at least 7500 pounds. So, with a GVWR of 9900 pounds and a vehicle weight of 7500+, the best cargo capacity you can expect is around 2400 pounds. (9900-7500=2400).

So, the first "glaring inconsistency" that I picked up is the maximum fifth wheel hitch capacity.... AIN'T GONNA BE MORE THAN THE GVWR minus TRUCK WEIGHT, so when you factor in the hitch weight, any cargo weight, passenger weight, driver weight (over 150 pounds) and the change in the ashtray, you won't get anywhere close to 3025 pound fifth wheel pin capacity....

From there, I pretty much stopped trying to run any "valid specification comparisons" because that data is HIGHLY SUSPECT as being wrong.....

In short, you can't carry more fifth wheel hitch weight than the maximum cargo capacity (payload) that's on the yellow sticker on the driver's door jamb of the truck in question, and that won't be anywhere close to 3000 pounds......

I'd hold off on any "firm plans" until you at least get the accurate specifications from the truck... Payload is critical limiting factor on any 3/4 ton from any manufacturer.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote