View Single Post
Old 04-14-2023, 05:42 AM   #9
ChuckS

If you choose to go the slide ski route.. be sure to remove the drip strips and old sealant around the edges of the drip strip and install the slide skis, then drip strips and then (reseal) both top and bottom edges of drip strips..

I have seen a few RV shops that just install the slide ski right over the drip strip and call the job done...

Video from Duo Form showing the proper way to install.. Anyone should be able to handle this task easily with minimal skill sets

When I did my repair I wanted to use UHMW for the initial repair and I also wanted to see if there was any affect with gear pack meshing... There isn't..

This way I know I could replace the entire bottom covering with a full sheet of UHMW without affecting the two gear packs for the hydraulic slide as well as overall slide out alignment..

With a cable slide system you have less to worry about ..

With the Schwintek In wall slide system one might have to adjust the bottom rollers downward a tad to compensate for the UHMW if the slide out guide tracks to motor drive gear teeth (upper and lower) were no longer centered on the tracks..

You have a few sound options.. Personally for the small issue you currently have I would DIY and keep the RV out of a service center..

Age here is going on 70 now but I still maintain the RV from top to bottom, do all the work on the Duramax, motorcycles, etc..

I am not paying some auto place north of $200 to change out my diesel fuel filter when I can DIY for less than $35

** There may come a day down the road .. and I hope that road is a long one .. that I have to take things into a shop for work.. but for now.. nope

As a side note I just replaced the serpintine belt, the tensioner and two idler pulleys on the durmax.. Cost.. about $88... Called a few of the local shops and they were all around $500 and up...

2007 GMC Classic club cab 4x4 Duramax LBZ
2014 Alpine 3010 RE. 34 foot fifth wheel
ChuckS is offline   Reply With Quote