View Single Post
Old 09-30-2022, 08:21 AM   #16
sourdough
Site Team

We haven't gotten there yet but will probably go visit some of the affected areas when we do get there. I live where we only see very high winds or tornados. I always thought tornados were the worst of the two until I started seeing the devastation these hurricanes can bring. A cat 4 or cat 5 can bring unimaginable damage. This will be the 4th where our trips there have taken us into the immediate aftermath of one of these things.

After Hurricane Michael hit Mexico Beach FL we were there about a month later. When they talk about "gone", it was literal...only foundations. RVs were in trees. Unimaginable. I've never understood with the advance warning why anyone would stay in the path of one of those things as you aren't going to do a thing to help anything. Talked to some folks there and they mentioned some that had decided to stay. There when it hit, gone along with the home when it subsided. The surge just comes in like a tsunami, gathers up everything into the big wave then slides back offshore..."stuff" and people in it.

Our prayers are with these folks and those trying to help them. We don't know anyone that was in the direct line of the hurricane as all our good friends and family were spared on the path of this one.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote