View Single Post
Old 05-30-2022, 03:34 PM   #1
bbelill

Slide goes in but not out

So I made the mistake of treating my 2016 Keystone 2400BH slide seals a few weeks back and have since read of the horrors if you use the wrong stuff. Unfortunately I did before having issues. Used 3-in-1 Rubber Seal Conditioner...bad decision.
Fast forward to this past Friday and my slide made a pop noise (guessing seals stuck to the slide some) and some noise while retracting it getting ready for the weekend but it came in fine. When we got to our destination on Friday my slide was jumping and skipping while trying to put it out. My father in-law and I had to help it out while my wife pushed the button otherwise it skipped every couple seconds and probably wouldn't have made it out.
After spending time researching this weekend I realized my mess up on the seals. Luckily since we have a 2 year old I had some baby powder with us. Treated the seals before we packed up and the slide retracted smoothly without issue.
When we got home I went to put the slide out again to unpack and the skipping is worse. Without doing much further research any ideas? I'm guess I may need to replace the gear box as I probably stripped it? Attaching a video of what it sounds like now from a Youtube upload - it almost won't go out at all now. Link: https://youtu.be/wKrFewh_GM0

Father in-law asked if it had something to do with the cables possibly, but I don't know why that'd be the issue if it's skipping like it is.

Hoping to do more research to possibly find a DIY way to fix it/replace parts so I don't have to go to a dealer, but with some major trips upcoming in the next month or two I'm at the point of just needing it fixed. Appreciate any insights anyone could give.
bbelill is offline   Reply With Quote