View Single Post
Old 08-17-2017, 11:48 AM   #42
cvin

I don't have the batteries sitting in front of me so I don't know about the amp hours, I was surprised they were not the same size batteries also

my trailer guy put the Second one in because he had to weld and make the battery tray area bigger and I have never opened the cases until now, the cases are the same size

Although I would never put in 2 batteries different sizes anyway, is that a big issue when they are being run in parallel or as one bank together ?

the trailer has only been put into use the last 2 1/2 months for a week at a time and then it sits a week or so

The batteries were not completely dead, but I was at the last light on the meter inside the camper which I had never seen before

That was why my original question ask about the refrigerator and how much battery power it draws, I thought if it was on propane it did not draw battery power

until the last 2-3 weeks the trailer was being moved a lot with the truck to different campgrounds etc. and between that and running the generator some the batteries were always full on the four light meter inside the camper

Occasionally down one light but then run the generator for a couple of hours and it was back up to four

So I was surprised to see it so low this last time but the refrigerator was on

I realize if I have wet batteries they must be maintained and charged

it's just the trailer has had quite a few issues and I had not gotten to the solar set up just yet

Headed to the shop now to see if my mechanic was able to get some six volt interstates for me