View Single Post
Old 07-26-2020, 11:27 AM   #43
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post

On our way out I found the GM and told him how ill-informed or ill- intended the salesman was and for that reason would not be back. I don't think the GM was either surprised nor concerned.
That's been my experience as well... Keystone has a "disclaimer" on the bottom of every brochure that says something like: It is the customer's responsibility to assure that the recreational vehicle they purchase is a match for their intended tow vehicle. Keystone and THOR are not responsible for unsafe or mis-matched towing combinations....

Every dealership around this area requires the purchaser to sign a statement that the tow vehicle they intend to use is adequate for the trailer they are purchasing and that the dealership bears NO responsibility for towing any trailer with an undersized or mis-matched tow vehicle.

They cover their butts and leave the customer "hanging in the wind" should anything happen.... Additionally, it takes some "mighty deep pockets" to sue THOR. Their full time legal staff likely costs them more annually than most RV'ers will earn in a lifetime......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote