View Single Post
Old 07-04-2020, 04:10 PM   #26
markcee

Pics Available

Should anyone like them, the pics referenced in the original post can be found here:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/HP9qBDBwebpeAyde9

The OP still had them and messaged them to me. They are in no particular order but we found them useful.

We installed our 2nd unit today. The entire project from start to finish took just over 4 hours and the unit fired up without issue on the InCommand system. A 1" hole saw worked well cutting the hole through the wood support - I had no sheet metal to contend with. Using a fish tape (or any kind of stiff wire) worked great bringing the wires through to the new location.

A couple of things we observed that differed from the instructions in the original post:

1. When looking at our existing gateway, we did not have the jumper connector that was to be removed and installed on the new gateway. Instead, we had a green/yellow wire with connector already in the slot. We left it intact. I'm am really glad we didn't have the jumper there to remove as there was about a 3" blob of sealant overflow that got on the gateway, essentially sealing the connector in place.

2. We had an unmentioned wire in the bundle we removed from the white box and moved to the new AC location. It was a splittable wire - black on one lead, dark gray on the other. We just left it alone.

3. Minor, but just in case you encounter it - our looped wire (the one that you need to cut in half) was red and white and not green and white.
markcee is offline   Reply With Quote