View Single Post
Old 04-30-2020, 12:36 PM   #12
Logan X

I’m just going to offer a unique opinion and take it for whatever it is worth.

I am 100% the kind of guy that likes to have everything working properly and it bothers me when stuff isn’t working right. Having said that, I thought my black tank flush wasn’t working when I first bought my trailer. For whatever reason, I never tried to get it fixed. So I went a couple of years without flushing the tank. Do you know how many problems I had from not flushing the tank, zero. There were no issues whatsoever. No bad odors, nothing. After a couple of years I decided it was time to fix the flush so I found and removed the check valve. I don’t know what kind of magic I used, but after doing nothing more than reinstalling the check valve, the tank flusher was working.

So what did I learn. I mainly learned that I didn’t really need a black tank flush. I use it now, maybe twice a year, just because it’s there. I am perfectly happy without it.

My point in saying all this is not to discourage you from tearing into it. Go for it. Especially if your stuck at home with nothing else to do.

But, if you don’t really want to spend the time and energy on it, it’s pretty easy to go without having a black tank flush. And who knows, maybe in a couple of years it will magically start working.

Anyways, good luck with whatever you decide.
Logan X is offline   Reply With Quote