View Single Post
Old 09-12-2019, 02:20 PM   #23
alpo

While a 5th wheel has more storage capabilities than a TT, you loose the Storage Capabilities of the Truck. You mentioned a Box placed in Truck Bed in front of the 5th Wheel Hitch, I never saw this but can’t imagine it being of any usable size - most setups I have seen did not have any spare room between the Trailer and Cab, in some cases not enough needing sliding Hitches. You also mentioned Canoes and Bikes, I do not think the Basement in. 5th Wheel can fit Canoes and Bikes (maybe smaller Bikes). I have Canoes and Bikes and that is one of the reasons I opted for a TT myself, as well as the limited remaining Cargo Capacity available of a 5th Wheel. I have. 3/4 Ton Diesel Ram and most viable 5th Wheels we’re right at the Limit leaving no room for People or Cargo in the Truck. My Trailer (Rockwood 2906ws) has Three Slides, a HUGE Living area with two opposing Recliners facing the Large TV, and ample remaining Cargo capacity in the Truck for Family and Gear. A 5th wheel may Tow Better but the sacrifices were to much, and I just returned from a WV to La and back and it towed just fine.
alpo is offline   Reply With Quote