View Single Post
Old 09-05-2019, 04:52 PM   #5
teacherman

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
Is this the trailer you are interested in:
https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/201...BDS-5008344530

Looks like it ticks a lot of your boxes. I am not sure about the length and weight but a 3/4 ton should have no difficulty dragging the thing around. We have owned quite a few trailers and I have no negative issues with a bumper pull. Main advantage is you can stand up in the bathroom. I think the ideal length for a bumper pull for us would be in the just over 30' length but we don't have a kiddo. I like the ability to shut doors on the bedroom as I am an early riser and the missus not so much. I also know if I was camping with a kid and the kiddo was sleeping on a couch, that would limit early rising and coffee drinking unless you remember to drug the youngster before they hit the sack.

I like to sit across from the TV when on the couch but that spinner TV could be a good solution. My wife really would like to have a bigger bathroom but loves our rear kitchen with a ton of counter space and big pantry. All in all, that bunk house you have your eye on looks like a good choice. There WILL be things that bug you but that is always the case so you compromise on little features to get most of the biggies! Good luck.
Yup, that's the one I've been eying. It looks good, low miles, no leaks, price seems right. Main concern is that this is so early in my search process that I'm afraid of jumping at a chance without educating myself. Presumably this has the cold weather treatment, even though the ad doesn't say so, but that can be confirmed easily enough. The other mfr I was considering was a Jayco, which supposedly hold up well and are a good value used, but they seem so light it's hard to believe they'd be durable.

We never watch teevee, so turning our head to watch it wouldn't really be a concern. Having a kiddo has really changed how we live; it's like being in a reeducation camp where the five year-old commandant dishes out several lessons a day! I do like the bunkhouse to hold a couple of his buddies if we want, though the truck can only carry so many people..

2019 Load Trail 10k payload dump trailer

Bunkhouse trailer to be added soon!
teacherman is offline   Reply With Quote