View Single Post
Old 07-04-2019, 12:46 PM   #25
raylinkz

Wink Bleach is you friend

Before Y'all light your flame thrower, I'm aware of all the negative postings about using bleach... IMHO the information given is way overblown as I use bleach for many things to Kill bacteria and most viruses. Nothing else can (cheaply) accomplish that.

If I need to leave the tanks with 'dumps' in them, I use copious amounts of water and add bleach to the tank a cup at a time... Keep an eye (er nose) on it and if it starts to smell, add another cup of bleach.

I find it will not stink if you kill the odor causing bacteria and the solids will soften with the bleach water.. I also add water softener and Dawn liquid which helps soften and disperse any oily substance.

When I arrive at my next camping site with a dump station or any free dump station, Dump, rinse and add bleach, water softener and Dawn with a few gallons of water.

There is a long article on the web about this type of cleansing but I'm too lazy to look for it:

You may also see this:

PS to the posting that says he empties it on his 3 acres. Works for me, none of my family has the diseases that some said concerns them. Water and sunshine and worms take care of the effluent.
OK 'Flame On'
raylinkz is offline   Reply With Quote