Thread: Overloaded TV
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2018, 07:20 PM   #24
jack65

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post

Of course, another cause of this could have been the driver constantly worrying with their smartphone and didn't have time to actually pay attention to driving - which seems to be happening with more and more frequency. As a note; ran into our closest little town this morning for breakfast (about 15 miles). On the return trip got behind an older Ford Expedition with a woman (late 20s or so) driving.....very erratically. I followed her for miles at 35-45 (45 speed limit) then a few miles at 55-60 (speed limit 55). During that entire trip I would bet her eyes were not on the road for more that 5 minutes total. She was working her smartphone - I watched her in her left rear view mirror the entire way. She sat well into 2 green lights because she just wasn't looking. I was going to honk but was worried she would just jump off without looking and hit something. Finally decided to pass before she hit the brakes (again) for no reason. The kicker? She had 3 (THREE) small children in the back seat....unrestrained!!! I know that's a long story to put on this but it came to mind when I made the observation about texting and the wreck...probably the reason I thought of it. And, have had no internet since Friday so guess I've got all these little things "bubbling" around in my head.
Reminds me of the time, (not the first time either) on the busy I-5 traffic between Tacoma / Seattle, a young blonde doing her eyelashes using the rear-view mirror for several miles. I didn't see any hands on the steering wheel as she had a cell phone in the other hand. She was tailgating in bumper to bumper traffic too. I was hoping there was a cop around as it is illegal to text and drive now... but as usual no cops around when you need them.

Some people are just STUPID and there is no fix for stupid.
Stupid: having or showing a great lack of intelligence or common sense.
K&N 71-1561 Air Intake w/FlowMaster Exhaust system.
jack65 is offline   Reply With Quote