View Single Post
Old 07-29-2018, 08:50 AM   #18
wiredgeorge

Buying your first trailer will give you a lot of important information on what is really important to you. We started with a truck camper. Taking a shower while sitting on the commode, the world's most uncomfortable dinette and condensation drip from the metal vent in the bed area convinced us that it was NOT the right camper. Went from there to a 22 ft Sunnybrook and it was a dream in comparison BUT no counter space in the kitchen and no place to store food. The bed was basically in the cabin so if I got up at 5:30AM (normal) and my wife wanted to sleep, I couldn't watch TV; only a curtain separating us. Next got a 5th wheel toy hauler. NO NO NO storage so everything went on top one of the two drop down bunks. No counter space. Everything was cramped. Now we have a 27' Cougar and the rear kitchen is full of storage and very convenient, the booth dinette is nice and we have a Lazyboy love seat; really the perfect set up for us. Took a number of campers to figure this out. The shower is actually a tub and cramped but put an articulating show curtain rail on so it ain't bad now. Also added a 15K BTU A/C and I think we have pretty much found our camper. If I bought a new camper (unlikely), I would know EXACTLY what to look for.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote