View Single Post
Old 12-28-2017, 04:23 PM   #11
Nomadicchefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
You have ice at the Tee's under the shower. Leave the water running (watch your holding tanks to make sure they don't overfill) and it will take a bit of time, but the ice inside the Tee's will melt and things will start working properly. If you have a small electric heater, you might want to put it in front of the cupboards on the back wall to help. Otherwise, it's just wait for the heat to get to the pipes and thaw them.

Remember, it takes 3 or 4 hours to thaw a chicken breast, it takes as long or longer to thaw a "partially hidden pipe"..... Patience is a virtue
Thank you for your help! I will keep the heat high and put my small heater near the back panels. It's a shame they don't come off, that would be too easy I guess. As for let the water run, is a drip good? While testing it earlier in the day, the dump lines froze in several places and I'm afraid of it backing up. I've got the tanks closed, but I didn't think it would freeze in the dump lines that quickly. Apparently they had fallen off the accordion type pipe support, so 2 areas are frozen in an L shape. Stupid mistakes, I know, we are learning so much.
Nomadicchefs is offline   Reply With Quote