View Single Post
Old 06-09-2019, 07:48 AM   #9
pdaniel

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobnelms View Post
Hi all,

I have a 37 foot Cougar 5th wheel with 2 Dometic AC units. My wife and I love our RC, but I CANNOT STAND THE AC NOISE ANY MORE!!!

I can't even imagine how these manufacturers can install these loud beasts. The main AC unit is ducted, but still much too loud for talking with each other -- and forget the TV. The bedroom AC unit is NOT ducted. No way could anyone sleep in that noise.

So I recently started seeing advertisements about the Mini-Split AC units -- where the Compressor and Condenser would be mounted at the rear of the RC -- and then one or two wall units (where evaporator resides) would site inside.

Almost NO NOISE AT ALL.

Have any of you made this upgrade -- and if so, how did it go?
My 2017 Cougar 30RLI was the same-unducted in the bedroom and a noisy ducted in the living area. The bedroom had A/C ducts but little air came through them (just like the furnace duct in the bedroom floor, all show, no flow).
So, we bought a new 5th wheel from a different manufacturer. Same air conditioners-Coleman, but ducting that works and a higher ceiling and both A/Cs share the duct work. We have not yet needed the bedroom (front) A/C as the ducting is more efficient than our former Cougar.
pdaniel is offline   Reply With Quote