View Single Post
Old 01-24-2021, 10:46 AM   #17
Bandit12

Quote:
Originally Posted by LnS View Post
Our TT has 2 gray tanks, one of which doesn't share the black tank output. A future project is to see if making the 2 dump outputs common so I don't have to spend as much time switching them or deploy as much hose into a 'Y' which I don't have. Something to fuss with until I get a better solution.
Thanks again
Our new 27SABWE has 3 tanks, like yours, the black and one grey share a common dump and the second grey has its own dump. When we picked up the trailer, we traded in our 2 year old Jayco. The Jayco had the dump valve at the back of the trailer. The Cougar has all of them in front of the axles. I only had one hose and it wasn't long enough to hook up either one to the sewer drain in our campsite for that first night. As we were heading home in the morning (600 miles) I decided to just leave it and dump when we got home. My local Chevron station lets you dump free if you fill up with fuel. Since then, I have purchased two additional hoses and a Y connector. I believe I can hook a single hose to each drain valve, into the Y, and from there a single hose into the drain. Suggestion, always dump the black tank first, then the grey tanks. The drain water from the grey tanks will help flush the hoses clean. Also, if you haven't already got one, add a clear elbow to the end of the hose where you put it into the dump station. You'll be able to see when the black tank is fully drained. One other thing I got to use when flushing the black tank. I bought an inline water meter that attached to my hose. I use a 90 degree brass fitting at the tank flush connection, then the meter, a brass shut off valve and finally a dedicated black tank flush hose I carry. Once I have drained the black tank, I close the valve. I know the capacity of my tank is 38 gallons. I open the shutoff valve and watch the meter. When I have added between 20 and 25 gallons to the black tank, close the shutoff valve and dump the tank again, watching the clear elbow for evidence of paper or other matter. Repeat until the water flowing out is clear. Then dump my grey tanks. This really helps me as my black tank flush connection is on the opposite side of the trailer from the dump valves.
Bandit12 is offline   Reply With Quote