Thread: Two sewer pipes
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2021, 07:10 AM   #48
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 81SHOVELHEAD View Post
We dont full time &' only use kitchen sink to wash slightly dirty dishes. However 2 days b4 we break camp i do close valve to allow tank to fill for a good flushing. 7 yrs doing it this way with zero issues. Valve is behind rear wheel drivers side under slide & not easily accessible.
Chucks post about food particles is correct but I'd add that soap will also build up if left to set over time. I bought a hybrid trailer years ago that sat in a CG next to state game lands in PA. The owner used it as a hunting camp. He left the gray valve open and drained it on the ground for several years.

When I bought it I went to flush the tanks and had a clear drain line on the outlet. When flushing the gray tank there were chunks of soap that was flowing out. I ended up taking it to a carwash and sticking the wand in the drain to get it all out. Fortunately the drain was in direct line with the gray tank. The black tank entered the drain line from the side. It required a lot of quarters to get all that sediment out.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote