View Single Post
Old 01-18-2021, 05:18 PM   #8
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by LnS View Post
Thanks for your time and the suggestions, we took on a box of gloves and sanitizer today after I mentioned your inputs.
Thanks for the tips on glove usage and not moving from that spot without removing them. Common sense but having it reinforced makes it stick.
I'm going to continue playing with the pressure regulator to make a decision on whether to use it. Thanks for the suggestion on just full timing the fresh tank and pump.
I did look at the cam system for sewer and it's in my box of things to consider if the wrench doesn't work out. Not only is it easier but it looks to be fool proof.
Our TT has 2 gray tanks, one of which doesn't share the black tank output. A future project is to see if making the 2 dump outputs common so I don't have to spend as much time switching them or deploy as much hose into a 'Y' which I don't have. Something to fuss with until I get a better solution.
Thanks again
Personally I'd continue to use the water pressure regulator provided it's an adjustable. Set the regulator to a good desired pressure, 50 psi is a good pressure, but realize that if the water spigot pressure is more than the set pressure it will regulate it to that pressure, if it's less it will have no effect on your pressure, it will not increase pressure.
Name:  shopping.jpeg
Views: 1084
Size:  8.2 KB
This is the adjustable. It normally comes preset to 50-55 psi which is a good safe pressure. Would recommend this at the spigot then connect the hose to it at every stop.
Click image for larger version

Name:	40064__34273.1479923235.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	31532
This is a POS restrictor that restricts the flow to attempt to lower the pressure, but it restricts the flow regardless of the incoming pressure from the spigot. If you have & are using this I'd recommend tossing it.

While on the subject of safety, hopefully you have a surge protector/EMS, 50 or 30 amp whichever your rv, plugged into every pedestal you connect to followed by your cord.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote