View Single Post
Old 02-17-2017, 08:46 AM   #8
canesfan

Best to call, as others have said. It seems to vary widely, and SPs around the country seem to have different definitions of "max length". In Virginia the SP sites are supposedly RV length, not total combined length. But there aren't any standards, especially in the older parks or older sections of parks. I can get my 37' rig along with my truck into sites that are supposed to be 30' max. Others I'd be hard pressed just to get the rig into.

Ditto what Javi said. One of my favorite SPs has a bunch of newer 50A pull throughs that they "supposedly" reserve separately and save for big rigs. Every time I drive past them there are popups, small Class Cs, etc in them. They certainly aren't the nicest sites in the park by far. But the problem is the little guys taking up spaces that are "supposedly" for the bigger guys, and the office is supposed to enforce that. And when you reserve one of those pull throughs they ask you what kind and how long your rig is. Since the reservations are not site specific, you pick your own site when you get there. Even though these sites are color coded differently than back in sites, they still get used by smaller guys. Just like someone pitching a pup tent on a 50' back in site when there are beautiful tent sites just around the bend.