View Single Post
Old 02-17-2017, 07:52 AM   #7
Sarvi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken / Claudia View Post
Measure your truck and trailer length combo and when asking about site length tell them the combo is XX ft long and ask can I fit.
I actually do need to do that. I have been towing with a Ford Excursion, and combined with my trailer, I was 53 feet long. I just sold that and bought a F250, which I haven't measured yet.

Part of the reason I ask is because I did have an issue in one of my first camping trips a few years ago at a State Park in Oregon. I reserved a 40 ft space, thinking that since my trailer is 33 feet, it would be fine. Well, that didn't leave any room for my truck to fit in the space too, and they don't allow any parking on the grass or along the "street". So the whole time I had to struggle to find a parking spot (very popular park on a holiday weekend), with very limited extra parking. Since then, I've been reserving spaces that are at least 55 feet in length.

Now, with looking at NFS campgrounds, the slips are rarely over 40 feet, and the campground maps don't seem to show extra parking or parking lots. I just don't want to get stuck with no place to put my truck. I will give a few places that I'm interested in a call.
Sarvi is offline   Reply With Quote