View Single Post
Old 02-10-2015, 10:17 PM   #8
denverpilot

We just paid $3K for a small problem where the nose cap meets the EDPM roof on ours and it wasn't a year old. We were told we didn't maintain it correctly. Warranty = useless. But we knew that would probably be the case.

We get virtually no weather where we live other than a lot of UV at our altitude and wind. We had three total rainstorms and I noticed a wet carpet in the front closet after the third. One of the storms included pea sized hail. That's ALL of the significant weather we've had this year touch it. We've never had more than an inch of snow up there for any significant period of time and it's very dry here. Snow will either melt off quickly on a warm day or will sublimate straight back to water vapor when the wind picks up and the temperature rises.

I was thinking this stuff could be checked on an annual basis and maintained at that pac, but it's looking to me like it may need to be quarterly. Not sure yet.

Th real problem is that the only problem I saw the numerous times I was up there was out at the edge at the rain spout on one side. Either I didn't look close enough or I didn't know what to look for.

Certainly don't want to pay that much every year to fix it.