View Single Post
Old 08-27-2014, 05:16 AM   #1
ncinthenext3

Gas/electric Hot water heater

Hello,

I have a new Premier 31BHPR and have so far been out on 2 trips. On my previous trailer, I only had propane option to heat the water. On this new unit, I can do both or either (I believe).

I have had it out twice now. On the first trip, I threw both the propane switch and the electric switch, as a friend I was camping with said it's more efficient/economical. I never gave it a second thought. When poking around when I got home, as I'm still trying to get to know the trailer I opened the panel and noticed the breaker for the HWH was tripped. I didn't want to test it out, as I was in my driveway and not on a 30A site and wasn't sure what the power demand was.

So, I figured I'd try it again next trip and low and behold not only did it trip the HWH breaker but it took the main down as well. Now I probably had everything on, 2 refrigerators, 3 tvs, AC lights and stereo and a fan but this seems odd. There have been no issues running anything else anywhere.

Is it that I can't have both propane AND electric on at the same time, or am I looking at a potential electrical issue?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Overall this has been a great unit and I've found very few issues thus far but obviously this is a great concern since the family is on board.

Thanks!
ncinthenext3 is offline   Reply With Quote